7 Oct 2013

Time In A Bottle: Three Junes

DSC_0594

Three Junes’ is the title of a book. This is not a book post. This is a post where I can magically freeze time, albeit thanks to technology. Its always rewarding to be able to look back in time, especially where the garden is concerned, to see how it has developed over the years!

Gardeners, if you’re anything like me, can be a fickle bunch! What is your favourite plant one year, may find itself relegated to the back forty the next! [Not that my back forty is all that much to brag about!] Here’s a few photos, each with the date the photo was taken in its watermark. Its true the sentiment ‘Some things are hard to remember, some things you’ll never forget.’ Enjoy!

DSC_0591DSC_0012 DSC_0157In 2011 it was all about texture – big, bold foliage that stopped visitors in their tracks. The following year I’d rediscovered my love affair with Arisaema, and was thrilled to have a clutch of serpents to call my own thanks to Arisaema ciliatum var. lubiaense, which had happily seeded itself about! This year, though he is still close to my heart, his performance wasn’t quite the statement it was the previous year!

DSC_0163DSC_0008Stay tuned for three Julys!

No comments: